Frequently Asked Questions
At ABC Waste, we know that you may have questions about your waste management services and options. Get answers to frequently asked questions about our residential, commercial, construction and industrial waste and recycling services.
ABC Waste only picks up household trash in our 96 gallon cans. ABC Waste does not accept construction debris, yard waste, paint, tires, or hazardous chemicals in our cans.
Residential 96 gallons cans
20 and 30 yard roll offs
Compactors and bailers for large complexes
ABC Waste operates as a non-appointment service meaning that your driver may arrive at any time on your scheduled pick up day. We highly recommend you wheel your carts to the street and place them curbside the evening before your scheduled pick up.
Plastic #1 and #2, paper, cardboard, and metal and aluminum cans (no plastic bags) if your recyclables are bagged they will not be picked up. Anything other than these items will not be picked up.
#1 PET or PETE
- Salad dressing bottles and other food and drink containers (recyclable if clean)
- Glossy, rigid containers (usually clear or green) that sink in water, such as clamshell containers that hold fruits and vegetables (not currently recyclable)
- Rigid containers that usually have a milky or solid color
- Milk jugs, detergent bottles, shampoo bottles, or any other large container that once held a liquid (recyclable if clean)
No Plastic bags, Glass, styrafoam, shredded paper, or dirty paper products, all products must be clean and dry.
Our cans naturally incur wear and tear and will need to be replaced after a period. Call us and we will have a new can delivered and the old one picked up. If for some reason you damage your can you will be charged for a replacement.
If you reside in unincorporated Chatham County the Public Works department will pick up yard and bulk waste. Please call 912-652-6840 to determine your pick up day.
You can pay on our website, over the phone, or mail in a check.
Please call our office. There will be a charge or extra trash and recycling. It may be a good idea to consider getting an additional can.
Call our office or send an email and we will help you.
Our cans can be cleaned with normal soap and water. Bleach may be used as well to help kill any additional bacteria.
No. ABC Waste offers single stream recycling for your convenience. Place all approved recyclables in the container and we will handle the rest. Please remember, leave all recycling loose and unbagged in your cart!
ABC Waste offers commercial, business and industrial waste management services, and there is no “one size fits all” approach. We invite you to contact our office to determine which size and service will best address your specific business needs.
The roll off is the perfect solution for all your bigger waste management needs. The size and depth makes it ideal for large cleanups like junk and trash removal, managing demolition and construction debris, roofing and driveway replacements, yard clean up, and renovations after a hurricane, fire or flood.
Clean up the property to sell or move
- Declutter the interior to make more spacious
- Minimize items that need to be packed
- Remove overgrown landscaping and get rid of yard clutter for curb appeal
DIY, remodeling and renovations
- Carpet and flooring tear-outs
- Demolitions and rebuilds after a disaster event
- Kitchen updates
- Bath remodeling
- Major renovations / whole house remodel
- New construction
- Clear out junk
- Remove unused items and trash in bulk
Don’t see your question? Give the office a call or fill out our contact form. We are always happy to help!